Giving Online and Text 2 Give
To offer our church members multiple ways to give, we have expanded our options for you to continue to support the ministries of Severns Valley. Those options now include giving online via your computer, smart phone, tablet and by text message.
Giving online or by using your mobile device requires setting up a user account to our church database. It’s a fast and very helpful way to not only give easily but also stay connected to your church family. Our online database is literally an online church directory giving you information that in the past was only available via a printed directory.
How do I give using my computer?
To give online you must create an account to access the church database. If you have not set up an account go here: Using the Church Database
After setting up your account:
- Log in using your username and password.
- Go to the menu link, Giving, then click on Give Now
- Enter the information asked for.
- You can give via checking account or credit card.
- You can give one time or set up a recurring gift.
- After you have given, you will receive an email verifying your gift.
How do I give via my smartphone and tablet?
If you haven't downloaded the ACS Church Life app click on this link: Using the Church Database
After you have downloaded the app:
- Login using your username and password that you established for the church database.
- It automatically opens to the People page where you can search for members of Severns Valley.
- To give you will need to click on the link in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the “$ Giving” button.
- Then you will need to enter in your information to give.
Congratulations! You now have access to give via your mobile device!
How do I give via a text message?
(If you have given in the past via text messaging, these are new instructions. You will need to use these instructions from now on.)
- Text SVBC to 73256 to give using your text messaging. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- You have the option to give to specific funds by using the (keyword) in parenthesis listed below:
- General Budget (General)
- Building Fund (Build)
- Missions World (World)
- Lottie Moon (Intl)
- Annie Armstrong (Nation)
- Eliza Broadus (State)
- Nicaragua (Nic)
- As an example, if you wanted to give via text messaging you would:
- Enter 73256 as the number
- In the text field you need to enter SVBC
- Then enter the amount you want to give
- It would look like this: SVBC $10. (All money given in this manner go to the General Budget)
- If you wanted to give to the Missions World fund it would look like this: SVBC World $10
- If you wanted to give to the Building fund it would look like this: SVBC Build $10
- The first time, you'll be directed to fill out a form with your credit or debit card information.
- You can give any dollar amount that you desire. You can give at anytime from anywhere. Once you click "Donate" a confirmation message will automatically be sent to you.
- We suggest saving this number to your contacts as SVgive so you can remember it for future use.
Now is a great time to consider using eGiving. Through on-line giving and text giving options you can make your tithe/contribution, give to the general fund, building program or any of the church’s major mission offerings at any time or anywhere.
If you have any financial or database questions, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Posted on Wed, August 10, 2016
by Jeff Wilson filed under